The National AfterSchool Association is the voice of the afterschool profession. We are the national membership organization for professionals who work with and on behalf of children and youth during out-of-school time.
NAA’s mission is to promote development, provide education and encourage advocacy for the out-of-school-time community to further the afterschool profession.
We exist to inspire, connect and equip afterschool professionals.
We respect and celebrate the diversity of our members who include afterschool program directors, coordinators, sponsors, front-line staff, school leaders, principals, teachers, paraprofessionals, board of education members, non-profit leaders, advocates, community leaders, policymakers, researchers and more.
Do you want to:
- learn, grow professionally, and
- expand your connections and circle of influence?
- contribute more broadly to the OST field?
- support a thriving OST workforce because you believe in the power of afterschool?
Then NAA Membership is for you! Join today!
- Publications, resources and services that reflect best-practice thinking of the profession.
- Dissemination of ideas and information that support the professional development needs of members in the field.
- The only national convention in the field for afterschool professionals.
- A user-friendly, informational website and regular electronic communications for members.
- Access to affordable training, technical assistance and professional development for afterschool program staff.
- Access to a members-only professional resources and consultation services.
NAA State Affiliates:
NAA has State Affiliates across the United States. Our Affiliates are statewide organizations aligned with NAA’s mission to inspire, connect and equip afterschool professionals. Affiliate missions' and strategies' promote quality afterschool programs and professional development in their states. The strong and supportive relationships between NAA and its State Affiliates creates a national network that builds connectivity among stakeholders and creates opportunities for engagement that ensure vibrant future for our field.
Most State Affiliates offer benefit packages that include local benefits and an NAA Ambassador level membership. To get connected your State Affiliate and to take advantage of local benefits, click here.